- Year-round facility with A/C and heating
- Audio/visual capabilities (including outdoor sound system with microphone)
- Maximum capacity (seated): 350 people
- Upper event space (main barn): 2,800 sq. ft.
- Lower event space “Wine Cellar” and “Lean To” (combined): 5,700 sq. ft.
- Bathroom facilities: 10 total stalls (handicap accessible) both on upper and lower levels
- Outdoor patio space (to the East): approx. 4,500 sq. ft.
- Lighted parking lot
Also included is a full commercial kitchen space with warming capabilities, two wedding suites/meeting rooms, coat closet, lobby, and deck overlooking the Baraboo bluffs.
All types of events at Vennebu Hill are subject to the same rate structure. Minimum fees based on a minimum number of people and a fixed rate. There is a variable rate cost increase of $20 per head as guest count surpasses minimum fee until the party reaches maximum capacity (350). Please contact us for more detailed information on pricing.
- Friday $4,500 (based on 180 person minimum)
- Saturday $5,000 (based on 200 person minimum)
- Sunday $3,750 (based on 150 person minimum)
- Friday $4,950 (based on 180 person minimum)
- Saturday $5,500 (based on 200 person minimum)
- Sunday $4,125 (based on 150 person minimum)
$2000 deposit required to secure an available spot. Sunday rates before Memorial Day and Labor Day will be based on a 200-person minimum (essentially treated as Saturdays). Special holidays such as 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year’s Eve are also subject to the 200-person minimum rate.
Taxes not included. There is a 6.75% sales tax in the Wisconsin Dells/Lake Delton area.
Contact us about booking on weekdays for meetings or other events.
(2019 minimum fee has a 10% increase from 2018 rates. Variable rate cost of $20 per head for guests over the minimum remains the same.)
Hours of Use
- Friday events must end by 11:00 PM (all guests must be off-property by 11:30 PM). Vendors should be off property within one hour of the last song – no later than 12:00 AM.
- Saturday events must end by 11:30 PM (all guest must be off-property by 12:00 AM). Vendors should be off property within one hour of the last song – no later than 12:30 AM.
- Sunday events (and weekday events) must end by 10:00 PM (all guests must be off-property by 10:30 PM). Vendors should be off property within one hour of the last song – no later than 11:00 PM.
- Make an appointment to visit the property.
- Pre-review the contract.
- Secure/reserve available date – within seven days pay a security deposit of $2,000 via cash, check or credit card.
- Plan for a 1-hour meeting to sign the contract (unless virtual signing works for you) and a 2-hour meeting to discuss day of planning.
- Establish best practice communication – email, phone calls, etc.
- Meet once more before the event date to run through event decor details and expectations.
- Schedule rehearsal time either on a Thursday – week of the event – or, if available, sometime around noon on the day prior to event date. (Rehearsal time can also happen day off event.) In the event that the day before has been booked, rehearsal can be arranged based on the party’s use of the facility.
- Remaining payment must be paid in full by 8 am following day.
- (350) gold resin folding ‘ceremony’ chairs for the barn and outside
- (250) Fruitwood cross-back style ‘reception’ chairs (to sit at 72″ round tables)
- (100) Fruitwood folding ‘reception’ chairs (to sit at 8′ long rectangular tables)
- (25) 72″ round tables (seating up to 10)
- (10) 32″ wide, 8′ long rectangular harvest style wood farm tables (seating 8; up to 10)
- (12) standard rectangular 8′ tables (support tables)
- (12) 30″ cocktail tables
- (12) 24″ bistro tables
- 350 place settings – flatware, glassware (water, wine and/or champagne glasses), and *plate ware.
- Linens and napkins for all tables**
- Fully staffed main bar (included in Beverage Package – coming soon)
- (2) Mobile bars for use on either the patio (during cocktail hour), in the dining area (as a second bar), or in the barn (post-dinner dance)
*Assorted vintage style china available for events of 175 or less.
**Vennebu Hill will provide within its rate standard white linen napkins, square tablecloths for all roundtables (except 24″ bistro tables), and mid-length tablecloths for 8 ft. rectangular tables. If interested in floor length linens, table skirting, and/or any fabric decor, we suggest contacting Cathy Rost at I Do Decorations & Rentals.
Layouts for Indoor Ceremony Seating & Post-Dinner Party
In the plan below, there is seating for 338 people with room for a standing wedding party of 12 inside our renovated and restored Gothic barn.
During cocktail hour, Vennebu Hill staff will stack and remove excess chairs turning ceremony barn into a party setup.
Please visit our Catering at Vennebu Hill page for an approved list of caterers and guidelines for meal service options based on guest size.
Bar + Alcohol
A full bar is provided by the venue. Details on whether a client would like a cash bar or an open bar can be determined by commitment. All alcohol must be purchased through Vennebu Hill. Please contact us to discuss beverage packages.
No smoking anywhere inside the premises.
There are designated smoking areas noted with signage.
Clean up is included in the cost of the venue rate.
Pick up of personal items and decor must be completed prior to 8 am the day following the event date.
The bartenders reserve the right to refuse alcohol service to guests demonstrating excessive inebriation.