Hold your next wedding, meeting or special event in Wisconsin at the elegant and rustic-inspired Vennebu Hill Event Venue in Wisconsin Dells. Enjoy the aesthetics of a rustic barn with the modern perks of a full-service conference facility! See below for daily rates and amenities included in your rental.
Revised Venue Maximum (Covid-19)
Due to Covid-19, our revised maximum for any future reservations is 200 persons. Events over 200 will require using the West Lawn as a space extension of the dining space in the lower level. For inclement weather, a tent rental will be required at the cost of the client. Outdoor ceremonies can be set up for 325, however reception will not exceed 200 until further notice. Colder season weddings will be limited to 150 guests as they will be mostly indoors. Please visit our calendar for remaining available dates!
Please email us at email@example.com for rates & available dates.
- Friday: $4,950 (for up to 300 guests)
- Saturday: $6,950 (for up to 300 guests)
- Sunday and Weekdays: $3,950 (for up to 300 guests)
**The 2022 event season marks the beginning of introducing Vennebu Hill’s own in-house catering. Menu options & pricing coming soon! Currently, our 2021 fee structures are per person as we offer place-settings and linens (valued at $8-$10 per person) in the venue fee. In 2022, our venue fee structure will change to a fixed venue rental fee to host up to 300 person events. The place-setting portion of the fee will be absorbed by the in-house catering minimum fee.
Non-Peak Rates (December 1 – April 30)
- Saturday Events get Friday Rates & Policies. Friday Events get Sunday Rates & Policies.
Amenities INCLUDED In 2021 Venue Fee
Many “rustic” facilities don’t always have what an event requires to ensure the comfort of their guests. Vennebu Hill offers a number of amenities with your rental fee. See below from included amenities, event policies and venue guidelines.
- Year-round facility with A/C and heating
- Audio/visual capabilities (including outdoor sound system with microphone)
- Place settings – flatware (single dinner plate or salad/app plate for stations), glassware (water (always provided), wine and/or champagne glasses***), and plate ware
- Linens and napkins for all dining tables**
- Fully staffed main bar (included in Beverage Package – coming soon)
- (2) Mobile bars for use in the barn (post-dinner dances in the barn are available for an additional $500 fee.)
- (250-325) gold resin folding ‘ceremony’ chairs for the barn (outside ceremony setups are available for an additional $350 fee.)
- Mobile speaker with Bluetooth technology to sync with smart devices and XLR inputs for wired microphones (also provided)
- (250) Fruitwood cross-back style ‘reception’ chairs (to sit at 72″ round tables)
- (100) Fruitwood folding ‘reception’ chairs (to sit at 8′ long rectangular tables)
- (25) 72″ round tables (seating comfortably 10)
- (10) 32″ wide, 8′ long rectangular harvest style wood farm tables (seating up to 8)
- (10) standard rectangular 8′ tables (support tables)
- (10) 30″ table height cocktail round tables
- (10) 24″ bar height bistro round tables
- In-house speakers in all entertaining areas (inside and on East patio) with use of wireless microphones
- Video screens with multiple source locations (HDMI, XLR or 1/8th inch jack ports) for laptops or mixers
- Upper event space “Barn”: 2,800 sq. ft.
- Lower event space “Lean To”: 5,700 sq. ft.
- Elevator access
- Bathroom facilities: 10 total stalls (handicap accessible) both on upper and lower levels
- Preparation suites (2)
- Lounge w/ seating
- Coat closet
- Outdoor patio space (to the East): approx. 4,500 sq. ft.
- Upper level deck overlooking the 175+ acres of farmland, the Wisconsin River, town of Portage, and the Baraboo Bluffs
- Full commercial kitchen space with warming and cooking capabilities, a cooler, and commercial dishwasher
- Lighted parking lot
**Vennebu Hill will provide within its 2021 rate the following: standard white linen napkins, 90″ square tablecloths for all 72″round tables, full-length tablecloths for 8 ft. rectangular folding tables if used for head table and mid-length linens for buffet. Linens for 30″table height cocktail tables and 24″ bistro tables any other specialty tables are at the Clients’ expense. If interested in floor length linens, cocktail 120″ rounds with sashes, table skirting, and/or any fabric décor, we suggest contacting Cathy Rost at I Do Decorations & Rentals.
***Placement of wine or champagne glasses at place-setting is an additional cost and will be added to the Beverage Proposal & Invoice.
Hours of Use
- Friday events must end by 10:30 PM (all guests and vendors must be off-property by 11:30 PM).
- Saturday events must end by 11:00 PM (all guests and vendors must be off-property by 12:00 AM).
- Sunday events (and weekday events) must end by 10:00 PM (all guests and vendors must be off-property by 11:00 PM).
Client wedding party, family members, and vendors all available to use property starting at 9am day of event. For Fridays and Saturdays, event start (guests arriving) to end time period may not exceed 8.5 hours. Ex. If ceremony begins at 1:30pm (1pm guest arrival), party but be completed at 9:30pm; if ceremony begins at 2pm (1:30pm guest arrival), party must be completed at 10pm.
- Make an appointment to visit the property.
- Pre-review the contract.
- Secure/reserve available date – within seven days pay a security deposit of $2,000 via check.
- Plan for a 1-hour meeting to sign the contract (unless virtual signing – scanning by email – works for you).
- Establish best practice communication – email, phone calls, etc.
- Pay 90-day payment.
- Complete via GoogleDocs a Pre-Event Questionnaire & Timeline for easy communication back & forth.
- Meet once more before the event date to run through event decor details and expectations.
- Decide on beverage package and investment.
- Order linens based on guest count.
- Schedule rehearsal time either on a Thursday – week of the event – or, if available, sometime around noon on the day prior to event date. (Rehearsal time can also happen day of event.) In the event that the day before has been booked, rehearsal can be arranged based on the party’s use of the facility.
- Remaining payment must be paid in full by 8 am following day.
Food & Beverage
The 2021 season is our last season offering clients access to outside catering, please contact us to request our approved list of independent caterers. A full bar is provided by the venue. Details on whether a client would like a cash bar or an open bar can be determined by commitment. All alcohol must be purchased through Vennebu Hill. Please contact us to discuss in-house catering for 2022 & beverage packages.