Hold your next wedding, meeting or special event at the elegant Vennebu Hill Event Venue in Wisconsin Dells. Enjoy the aesthetics of a rustic barn with modern perks with the following rates and amenities included in your rental.
Many “rustic” facilities don’t always have what an event requires to ensure the comfort of their guests. Vennebu Hill offers a number of amenities with your reservation. See below from included amenities, event policies and venue guidelines.
- Year-round facility with A/C and heating
- Audio/visual capabilities (including outdoor sound system with microphone)
- Maximum capacity (seated for dinner): 325 people
- Upper event space “Barn”: 2,800 sq. ft.
- Lower event space “Lean To”: 5,700 sq. ft.
- Elevator access
- Bathroom facilities: 10 total stalls (handicap accessible) both on upper and lower levels
- Preparation suites (2)
- Lounge w/ seating
- Coat closet
- Outdoor patio space (to the East): approx. 4,500 sq. ft.
- Upper level deck overlooking the 175+ acres of farmland, the Wisconsin River, town of Portage, and the Baraboo Bluffs
- Full commercial kitchen space with warming and cooking capabilities, a cooler, and commercial dishwasher
- Lighted parking lot
Also included is dining chairs, tables, ceremony chairs, and indoor and outdoor furniture.
All types of events at Vennebu Hill are subject to the same rate structure. Minimum fees based on a minimum number of people and a fixed rate. There is a variable rate cost increase per head as guest count surpasses minimum fee until the party reaches maximum capacity (325). See below for annual fees. Please contact us for more detailed information on pricing.
Off-Season Discounted Rates (December 1 – April 30)
- FRIDAY RATES & POLICIES APPLY TO SATURDAYS! And… you can have the previous day to setup FREE of charge (if available – within 60 days) and Sunday as a backup if there is any weather delays (if available.) Up to $2000 in savings!
- Friday $4,500 (based on 150 person minimum @ $30 pp)
- Saturday $6,500 (based on 200 person minimum @ $32.50 pp)
- Sunday (and Weekdays) $3,000 (based on 100 person minimum @ $30 pp)
Note: Additional per person fee for guest counts above the minimum up to 325 is $27.50 pp additional.
- Friday $5,250 (based on 150 person minimum @ $35 pp)
- Saturday $7,500 (based on 200 person minimum @ $37.50 pp)
- Sunday (and Weekdays) $3,500 (based on 100 person minimum @ $35 pp)
Note: Additional per person fee for guest counts above the minimum up to 325 is $25 pp additional.
$2000 deposit required to secure an available spot. Sunday rates before Memorial Day and Labor Day will be based on a 200-person minimum (essentially treated as Saturdays). Special holidays such as (but not limited to) 4th of July, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, and New Year’s Eve are also subject to the 200-person minimum rate, plus a special holiday fee of $500.
There is a Sales Tax of 6.75% that is not included in the rates.
Contact us about booking on weekdays for meetings or other events.
Hours of Use
- Friday events must end by 11:00 PM (all guests must be off-property by 11:30 PM). Vendors should be off property within one hour of the last song – no later than 12:00 AM.
- Saturday events must end by 11:30 PM (all guest must be off-property by 12:00 AM). Vendors should be off property within one hour of the last song – no later than 12:30 AM.
- Sunday events (and weekday events) must end by 10:00 PM (all guests must be off-property by 10:30 PM). Vendors should be off property within one hour of the last song – no later than 11:00 PM.
Client wedding party, family members, and vendors all available to use property starting at 9am day of event. For Fridays and Saturdays, event start (guests arriving) to end time period may not exceed 8.5 hours. Ex. If ceremony begins at 1:30pm (1pm guest arrival), party but be completed at 9:30pm; if ceremony begins at 2pm (1:30pm guest arrival), party must be completed at 10pm.
- Make an appointment to visit the property.
- Pre-review the contract.
- Secure/reserve available date – within seven days pay a security deposit of $2,000 via check.
- Plan for a 1-hour meeting to sign the contract (unless virtual signing – scanning by email – works for you).
- Establish best practice communication – email, phone calls, etc.
- Pay 90-day payment.
- Complete via GoogleDocs a Pre-Event Questionnaire & Timeline for easy communication back & forth.
- Meet once more before the event date to run through event decor details and expectations.
- Decide on beverage package and investment.
- Order linens based on guest count.
- Schedule rehearsal time either on a Thursday – week of the event – or, if available, sometime around noon on the day prior to event date. (Rehearsal time can also happen day of event.) In the event that the day before has been booked, rehearsal can be arranged based on the party’s use of the facility.
- Remaining payment must be paid in full by 8 am following day.
- (325) gold resin folding ‘ceremony’ chairs for the barn (outside ceremony setups are available for a nominal ‘$1 per chair’ fee.)
- Mobile speaker with Bluetooth technology to sync with smart devices and XLR inputs for wired microphones (also provided)
- (250) Fruitwood cross-back style ‘reception’ chairs (to sit at 72″ round tables)
- (100) Fruitwood folding ‘reception’ chairs (to sit at 8′ long rectangular tables)
- (25) 72″ round tables (seating up to 10)
- (10) 32″ wide, 8′ long rectangular harvest style wood farm tables (seating up to 8)
- (10) standard rectangular 8′ tables (support tables)
- (10) 30″ cocktail tables
- (10) 24″ bistro tables
- In-house speakers in all entertaining areas (inside and on East patio) with use of wireless microphones
- Video screens with multiple source locations (HDMI, XLR or 1/8th inch jack ports) for laptops or mixers
- Up to 325 place settings – flatware (single dinner plate or salad/app plate for stations), glassware (water (always provided), wine and/or champagne glasses***), and plateware*
- Linens and napkins for all tables**
- Fully staffed main bar (included in Beverage Package – coming soon)
- (2) Mobile bars for use in the barn (post-dinner dance)
*Assorted vintage style china (dinner plates only) are available for events of 200 or less free of charge.
**Vennebu Hill will provide within its rate standard white linen napkins, 90″ square tablecloths for all 72″round tables, full-length tablecloths for 8 ft. rectangular folding tables if used for head table and mid-length linens for buffet. Linens for 30″table height cocktail tables and 24″ bistro tables any other specialty tables are at the Clients’ expense. If interested in floor length linens, cocktail 120″ rounds with sashes, table skirting, and/or any fabric decor, we suggest contacting Cathy Rost at I Do Decorations & Rentals.
***Placement of wine or champagne glasses at place-setting is an additional cost.
Please contact us approved list of caterers and guidelines for meal service options based on guest size.
Bar + Alcohol
A full bar is provided by the venue. Details on whether a client would like a cash bar or an open bar can be determined by commitment. All alcohol must be purchased through Vennebu Hill. Please contact us to discuss beverage packages.